Thursday, September 4, 2008

Come Sail Away...


No, this blog is not referring to the jingle I mentioned a few posts ago. I've actually been thinking about sailing a lot recently. I'm not a sailor at all (have only been out a few times...and didn't do anything but sit and enjoy the ride), but something about sailing appeals to me. Since I live in Annapolis, maybe one day I'll get to actually do something on a sailboat other than sit.


Anyway, I was looking for blogs about Annapolis and found a few travel blogs of folks who are sailing in the Bahamas, up and down the East Coast, and around the world! I've always been fascinated by people who live aboard their boats and the freedom of sailing to a port, choosing to stay awhile, and then sailing on. It's something I'd love to do- and it's interesting to read blogs of real people who have taken time off from "real life" and are just sailing around experiencing life on a sailboat and in various ports.


I think I'd like to live like that one day for a while, but I'll definitely need to actually know how to sail. So who knows.


I did have a dream last night that someone gave my coworker a sailboat and she and I decided to fix it up and sail to the Bahamas. It was quite a funny dream...concocted by my subconscious based on these thoughts I imagine.

No comments: