Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fall is on its way

Every year in early September I'm itching for fall weather to make an appearance. And by fall weather, I mean cool temperatures. We've had a little taste of cooler temps in the 70s this week, and it's gotten me excited for fall. Sleeping with my windows open to the cooler air is one of my favorite things to do during the fall. Anyway, here are 10 things that signal fall to me:

1. Since last year, I know it's fall when we start singing in Hebrew to get ready for High Holy Days.

2. I am not panting and dripping sweat after a run.

3. Fall air has a different smell- probably rotting leaves, but I like it all the same.

4. On Saturdays, I'm either at a college football game or watching a college football game.

5. I'm back to hot coffee in the morning instead of iced coffee.

6. My "extra-curricular" schedule shifts into warp speed.

7. I tend to get antsy at work (I guess I get "fall fever" instead of "spring fever").

8. I get nostalgic for college.

9. I have the urge to buy new clothes

10. Traffic woes seem to plague me more than any other time of year...

No comments: