Monday, September 22, 2008

Odd and Ends

I had a fun, yet exhausting weekend. Somehow, I managed to cram 2 shows, a football game, a few dinners, a rehearsal, and 3 late nights all into one weekend. When my alarm went off at 6 AM this morning for an early Monday morning training...I was far from a happy camper. After a few expletives left my mouth (a rare occasion for me!), I got to work and had no internet. It was up in time for my training, but went down again in the afternoon...so I got to work from home for the rest of the day. Once my last training was complete, I took a nap. Now I feel much more refreshed and back to my normal, cheery self. :)

On a lighter note, here are a few funny things that have been running through my head recently:

-All over Annapolis there are signs for the High Holy Days services at one of the synagogues in town. It's not the one that we sing at...I just find it interesting that a synagogue feels the need to advertise. I don't know of many churches that put up signs everywhere for their Christmas or Easter services...maybe the synagogue is an evangelical one? Although, my theological brain can't recall an evangelical aspect to Judaism. I've just never seen a synagogue advertise before!

-Facebook gives me the urge to refer to myself in the 3rd person. But not out loud to other people....I find myself describing my movements in my head as a facebook status..."Page is walking to the kitchen", or "Page is driving home", or "Page just accidentally hit herself in the head with a spoon". I guess as long as I stick to referring to myself in the 3rd person in my head I'm ok...although if I start doing it out loud, perhaps it will add another layer to my already quirky personality. :)

-In case anyone is wondering, my bruise is healing nicely. Looks like I'll be able to wear shorts again in the next few days...

No comments: