Monday, September 8, 2008

The Hills

**To make up for not posting this weekend, I decided to throw in an extra post**

I have a secret. I'm addicted to MTV's reality trash show The Hills. Silly, I know. But I just watch in fascination as a bunch of 20-something girls and guys spend their lives in clubs, at lunches/dinners out, at fake jobs, and creating silly drama among their friends. I know the show is staged, and I know I should probably not watch it...but I'm kinda hooked. I think I watch it completely amazed that people waste their lives in the way this crowd does. Anyway, here are a few of my observations/questions about the show.

- What does Spencer spend his time doing and how does he have any money to buy clothes and go out every night?

- How does Lauren (or any of the girls on the show, really) drink so much, eat out so much and still stay thin? I know they show her at the gym occasionally, but still!

- Does anyone on the show but Heidi ever actually visit their family?

- Can anyone find any redeemable qualities in Brody Jenner? Anything?

- My favorite quote from the show this week "You broke up with a guy who owns a jet?"

Well, now that you all know my shameful secret and addiction, I'll have to redeem myself tomorrow by writing about the books I've been reading and listening to...which have much more substance than The Hills!

No comments: