Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Movie Education

Maureen says my classic movie education is severely lacking. She came up with a list of movies that I must see...

I managed to check one off last night when I went to see The Godfather at the Senator Theater in Baltimore. To be honest, I've always shied away from actually watching The Godfather for a few reasons. Number one- the strange cult-lore that surrounds it. I have friends who can quote the whole thing...and so many of its classic lines are always repeated (I find most movies that have this quality are not all that entertaining for me). Number two- the length. The movie is usually on a TV station with a marathon of all of the sequels, and I usually have too much going on to sit down and watch it...and then get sucked into the sequels (Reminds me of the Anne of Green Gables marathon weekend that I had just after college).

In any case, I really enjoyed the movie. It was different than I thought it would be...a lot more depth and not as much violence as I was led to believe. I think I'm still processing what I think about it..but I definitely enjoyed it. Mr. Coppola did a fine job. I like his wine (especially the Zinfandel), too.

No comments: