Friday, October 31, 2008

Hmmmm

Well, THAT kind of Monday turned into THAT kind of week. The week wasn't without high points, but having to meet a deadline at work made things slightly stressful yesterday and today. Add in the fact that it's concert week...and I'm so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!

High points of the week:

1. Tuesday night I went to the Kennedy Center to hear a dress rehearsal of Lucrezia Borgia with Renee Fleming. And, oh my goodness, was she wonderful! I know all of the "haters" out there (I can't believe I just used that word...) think she's overrated, but wow. Such a beautiful voice...rich tone, supported, steady high notes, amazing control...yeah. I walked out feeling kinda floaty.

2. Wednesday I had a Drs appt, so I "scheduled" a sick day. Meaning, since I had a Drs. appt my boss approved me taking the whole day. It also kind of doubled as a mental health day. I took a nap, laid on the couch, ate McDonald's, read a trashy magazine, and took a bath at 3:00 in the afternoon just because I was cold. I wish I could be "sick" every day...

And now, I'm looking forward to a fun weekend filled with concerts, a Navy game, and hanging out.

Tomorrow, National Blog Posting Month begins, so I'm really going to do my best to post something every day. Wish me luck!

No comments: