Monday, October 6, 2008

Road Trips

As cranky as I can be when I get home from a roadtrip, I really do enjoy them. There is something very freeing about being alone in the car, on the open road, with an audiobook playing on my iPod. With 6 or more hours in the car to think, I always find I can solve problems, figure out what I think about various issues, and get a healthy perspective on my life.

Thursday evening, I grabbed a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks (yay, Fall!), and hopped on 301 S to Richmond, and then 95 to 85. Once I got into NC, there was a gorgeous crescent moon, sunset, and lovely blue turning to midnight blue sky. Anytime I drive South, I always feel any tension drain out of my shoulders and my head. While my life in South Carolina was somewhat boring, it was not particularly stressful!

Anyway, I enjoy my roadtrips South, and am looking forward to my next one in November.

No comments: