Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Thursday Commute

Laura was on vacation last week, so I was driving to work on my own. I think the fact that I didn't notice anything strange truly proves the fact that I am not as observant when I'm driving by myself. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing...

So after last week's carpooling hiatus, the Thursday Commute is back this week with one odd thing we noticed on the road. Window Decals with pictures and writing. I supposed I've noticed them before, but this time the irony of the order of the cars we saw with them sparked a funny conversation. First, a minvan drove by with a decal that was essentially the outline of a naked woman. And you could see everything. It said something about women in spanish over the woman. I'm guessing it must have been "sexy women"...but perhaps not in such mild terms! The next car that passed us had a decal with praying hands on it. I started commenting on window decals; particularly about how I don't understand the "In Memory of..." ones that people put on the back of their cars. And lo and behold, the next car that comes has a decal on the back that reads, "In Loving Memory of ..... 1980-2008". It's especially odd when the car is an old beat up Mercury. You have your beat up car in memory of that person? Is that what you think of them? I mean, I understand a gravestone, or maybe a picture or a plaque...but your car? Clearly, I just don't get it...

No comments: