Monday, November 17, 2008

Argh! Navy vs. Notre Dame and Other Shenanigans

Ok, so I missed blogging yesterday and have now failed at NaBloPoMo. I really had every intention of blogging yesterday about my weekend...but if I had blogged in the morning, then I would have missed out on writing about the exciting (relatively) part of the day.

Anyway, after only sleeping for about 2.5 hours on Friday night (that's what happens when you stay up until 3 AM having serious conversations), I arrived at Ravens Stadium with my tailgate crew at 7:00 AM on Saturday (hence the 2.5 hours of sleep). It took about 2 hours, 2 cups of coffee, an egg, potatoes and bacon, as well as a mimosa for me to get to a point where I could carry on a coherent conversation. Around 11:00, Maureen got a call from our midshipman Maile saying that the mids were being "held" near Camden Yards and she hadn't eaten all day. So, I stole some barbecue from the tailgate, made a sandwich, and walked it over to her.

The game was great, despite my tiredness, the rain, and the fact that Navy lost. It started out as a beautiful sunny day...but the weather was kinda weird and in the middle of the 3rd quarter the sky opened up and a monsoon arrived. Our seats were amazing...it was the first time I have ever sat on the front row at a football game...ever! It was a lot of fun, especially when the mids were actually playing well. I had a blast!

After we made it home aroun 6:30 or so, I crashed and attempted to catch up on my missed sleep. I also made the decision that running a 10K the next morning in windy conditions with my sleep deprivation might not be the best plan (ok...really it was a good excuse not to have to run!).

Sunday morning I woke up, had some coffee, started watching a movie...and fell asleep again. About 11:45, Maureen came into the living room and woke me up to tell me she had cut her finger (she had been cooking breakfast in the kitchen). I got up and walked into the kitchen. I wasn't worried until she said, "I don't think I cut it off". I grab her finger and look...she had what looked to be a pretty deep cut that was bleeding profusely. We called all of our medically oriented friends, but couldn't get in touch with any of them to see if they could take a look at her finger and see if she needed stitches. So- we headed off to two Urgent care facilities (the first one didn't take insurance). After a 2 hour wait, we were back home and she was taken care of (no stitches, but it took awhile for the doctor to stop the bleeding). Thus, I ended up cooking dinner...and we had a lovely Sunday evening despite the stress of the first part of the day.

2 comments:

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

I was wondering what happened to you at the race yesterday. The lazy runner missed a bit of an apocalypse ...

Page said...

Yeah? You're gonna have to tell me about this apocalypse tonight...:)