Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Saturday Full of Parties...

After getting home late Friday night (more like early Saturday morning), I slept in a bit and then Maureen and I made my famous grits casserole and headed over to her friend Katherine's for a Tug O War party. Since it was a nice day, most of the party occured outside by the chimnea:


Just before the Crack O' Noon (the official start of the tug), we headed over to the Eastport side of the Tug. Somehow Eastport managed to lose (but we didn't see it because we only stayed for 4 of the 7 tugs).

Maureen and I at the Tug (I'm still kinda sleepy)


The Tug site near the Chart House (if you look towards the water you'll see the middle of the Tug and the Annapolis side)

Tuggers

At one point, these older ladies just jumped onto the line without signing up...so no official tugger t-shirts. Notice the outfit...

But really check out the shoes...not quite appropriate Tugging-wear!


After the tug, I came home and spent the rest of the afternoon in my bed taking a nap and watching football and movies. It was really lovely...just what I needed. I don't have any pictures of me napping, though. (At least not from yesterday!)


After regaining some energy, we drove up to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation for Party #2 of the day. One of my running buddies, Steve, turned 40. His wife Maria threw a huge party complete with barbecue, beer, and a great band (his brother's band, the Cheaters). It was a lot of fun hanging out with my running friends...chatting, dancing, and listening to the band.

The Cheaters....great band!

My friend Dawn being silly


Dawn, Katie and I (not a good hold the camera yourself pic)


Katie and I on the dance floor


Katie and Dave having fun dancing

Wallflowers Matt, Maureen, Lauren, and Scott


At the end of the night, Steve joined the band for a song.

All in all, it was quite the fun "party" day. :) I made it home by midnight so that I would be able to get up for church in the morning.

No comments: