Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ummm...FAIL!

So, I have officially failed at NaBloPoMo. Oh well. When I missed posting Saturday, I knew it would all be over. Don't worry, I didn't fall off the face of the earth, I've just been zipping up and down highways to and in SC. After a super fun housewarming party that I attended on Saturday evening, I got up Sunday morning and drove the 8 hours to Spartanburg. I stayed with my old roommate, Ashley. Monday, I drove to Greer to spend the day/evening with my college roommate, Rachel and her family. I got the bonus of seeing my dear friend Holly and her son Andrew for a few minutes! Tuesday, I drove to Charleston and visited with my college friend Amy and her 2 sons (one of whom is 3 weeks old). Tuesday evening, I went to dinner and stayed with my high school friend Sallie and her husband. Yikes! It's been a wild few days, and I didn't really want to miss out on "people time" to get on the computer and blog. Now, I'm at my parents' house in Columbia in a content mood since I ran, had a yummy dinner, and my parents are making desserts in the kitchen.

Here are a few highlights from the past few days:

1. Meeting 5 new babies/children (whew!) and getting to see what it's like to have a family (spent the day with Rachel).

2. Having adult time with adult beverages after meeting 5 new babies/children!

3. A tasty French dinner in downtown Chaaaaasssston.

4. Sleeping in (relatively).

5. Having a good audiobook to listen to on my iPod.

6. Good food!

7. Catching up with old friends that I haven't seen in way too long.

8. Not having to tell the same stories about my life over and over again (Thank you to everyone who reads my blog!)

9. Remembering that there are some things I still love about SC.

10. Warmer weather than where I left!

No comments: