Friday, November 7, 2008

Fun Times

The end of this week has and hopefully will continue to be a fun one. Last night, I went on what amounted to a super double date! It was a friend's birthday, and the celebration began with a Scotch tasting at one of the wine stores in downtown Baltimore. I am not usually a Scotch fan (my usual assessment is that it tastes like windex), but some of these were pretty tasty. Of course, the last one that we tried was a bit windexy...and that is the one that stuck with me. :) After the tasting, we went to Pazo, a tapas bar in Baltimore. It was fantastic...the food, the wine, the company...kinda one of those nights that will always bring up fond memories. We had so much yummy food that I had to stop eating at one point...or I would have moved on to the "uncomfortably full" stage. The night ended at the Owl Bar in Baltimore...always a fun place to see folks. I thought that I might be able to go all day today without eating...but then I walked in this morning and it is Crack-Fil-A Friday at the office...when my boss brings in Chick'n minis for everyone. Yum.

Anyway, tonight Maureen and I are headed back to the Kennedy Center Opera House to see Lucrezia Borgia (again). This is an actual performance, not the dress rehearsal, and the soprano is different. Sondra Radvanovsky. I've read good things about her, so it will be interesting to compare her performance to Renee Fleming's.

Saturday is the Annual Tug of War between Eastport and Annapolis. Always a fun time. Maureen's friend Katherine throws a killer party in the morning pre-tug. Last year, I brought my famous Grits Casserole, and it was a hit, so we'll be bringing it again. I suppose Saturday is going to be a party day since one of my running friends is turning 40. His wife is throwing a major Beach Bash at the Chesapeake Bay Foundation complete with barbecue and a great band. I've never been to a party on the beach of the Bay, so it should be fun (the weather is supposed to cooperate, as well). The party is only about 2 miles from our house, so I ought to be able to stay pretty late.

I guess I'll be recovering from my fun, busy weekend on Sunday!

No comments: