Thursday, November 13, 2008

Random Thursday

Well, this week is going to be another departure from "The Thursday Commute". The darkness accounts for our lack of seeing strange things...but mostly Laura and I have been thinking through big life events and using each other as external processing outlets. In other words, we've been talking too much to see anything strange happening on the roads. So, today's post is going to be a random jumble of thoughts and occurences.

  • Somehow, I've managed to un-align some of the vetebrae or discs in my neck. My PT friend Sharon says it should be ok on its own...but in the meantime I can't lift my head all the way up. I spent most of last night after rehearsal laying on the floor with an ice pack at the base of my neck.
  • Because of the afore-mentioned neck issue...I felt like I was singing horribly at rehearsal last night. Not being able to lift your head properly doesn't make for correct singing posture. It didn't help that our conductor kept saying, "Sopranos- what's up with the thin, reedy sound? You don't normally sound like that." There are only 10 of us. I'm pretty sure that was all me and my inability to properly hold my head up. Ok, maybe not...but it sure felt that way!
  • It's a cool, rainy day in Maryland today. The absolute last thing I wanted to do this morning was get out of bed. The neck issue didn't help either. Yesterday my coworker forwarded this link. I think I need one of those...
  • I know it's getting colder because my sensitive facial skin is starting to get a little dry. This means it is time to switch back to liquid foundation for the winter. I'm not a fan of liquid foundation, but hey...if it keeps my face from getting so dry that it flakes off and breaks out, I'm all for a little extra time to apply it in the AM.
  • I bought a Neti Pot yesterday. I'm breathing through my nose just fine...but I can tell that the fall/winter lovely post-nasal drip has started again. Hopefully the Neti Pot will help combat that.
  • Since it's raining, I'm not running tonight. I think I'm going to plan on a nice, cozy night in...watching Grey's Anatomy, playing with my iPod, cuddling with my Wofford blanket on the couch...yeah. Sounds like a perfect evening...
  • Let's all hope the rain stops before Saturday and the Navy vs. Notre Dame game that I'm headed to in Baltimore. Rainy football games are not my favorite...but I always feel compelled to go anyway.

Ok, that's it for Random Thursday. Hope I haven't bored you all to tears...

1 comment:

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

Let me know how the neti-pot goes. They scare me a little bit, but I think it would help.

Last winter I started using Hope in a Jar at night, and it got rid of the flaky patches on my face. I switched to Hope in a Bottle when that ran out, and I don't like it. And now my chin is dry. Time to switch back!